Grade 8 Application process for 2021
- Applications for Grade 8 2021 will be open on the GDE online website (www.gdeadmissions.gov.za) from 25 June 2020 to 25 July 2020
- Certified copies of documents will need to be uploaded on to the GDE online website when making your application
- The following certified documents will be required to be uploaded:
- Latest school report
- Unabridged Birth Certificate
- Parents ID copies
- Proof of residence (must be either water & lights account or rental agreement)
- Proof of work (if applying based on work address)
- Immigrants would be required to upload either passport/study permit/asylum seeker number/refugee number/work permit
- Once you have successfully applied on the GDE online system, our “Information Form” must be completed. This form is in the tab above.
- Complete this document by typing directly on the form and email back to PBHS within 7 days of your online application at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject heading must be the pupil’s Name & Surname
- Your online application will then be verified by Pretoria Boys High School
- Parents will receive an SMS from the GDE confirming that your documents have been verified.
- On verification, your application for Grade 8 2021 will be successfully completed. The GDE will send an SMS when a placement offer is made.
- REMEMBER your log in details as well as your waiting list number as this will be required every time you access the GDE online system.
- Please monitor the GDE online system regularly for any updates
- Due to the large demand for schools, you must apply at more than one school.
- Our school has limited capacity, therefore, not all applicants will be successful.
For any assistance, the following Walk-In Centres are available in Pretoria:
Grade 9 – 11 Application Procedure
The School Governing Body has resolved that the Headmaster will administer and decide on admission in accordance with the SGB admissions policy.
All Application Forms must be completed in full, signed and accompanied by:
- Copies of both biological parents’ ID documents
- A copy of the applicant’s unabridged Birth Certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent school report
- Proof of residential address which shall be in the form of a utilities bill or a lease agreement (for a minimum period of 12 months) in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the applicant
Applications shall open from the beginning of September each year (for admission to the School for the following year).
Applicants shall only be considered should there be available space and if the applicant fulfills the requirements of the Admissions Policy which has been approved by the School Governing Body.
Residential address should be that of the parent or legal guardian. If the guardian is not the biological parent, proof of legal guardianship (as recognised by SA law), including a commitment to pay school fees, must accompany the application. The applicant must permanently reside at that address.
Applicants will only be contacted if their application is successful.