GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR GRADE 8’S 2020:
Following communication from the Gauteng Department of Education (GDE), we can confirm that online applications for Grade 8 2020 learner admission will open on Monday 13th May 2019 @ 8am and close on Monday 15th July 2019 @ midnight. The application process will be as follows:
- From 8:00am on Monday 13th May 2019, go to the GDE Admissions website (www.gdeadmissions.gov.za) and register AND apply at the closest school to where you live and thereafter based on work / current Primary School / your school of choice. (You can apply at a maximum of 5 different schools)
- You will receive an application reference number from the GDE online system. On completion of your successful application, print the confirmation screen which includes the reference number. Each school will have their unique reference number.
- Collect an Application Information Form from our reception (these will only be available on week days between 8:00am and 15:00pm from Monday 13th May 2019).
- Submit all supporting documents to all schools you have applied at, within 7 school days of applying. The following documents are required:
- Printout/ print screen of your GDE reference number as confirmation of your online application.
- The completed Application Information Form.
- Copies of both biological parents’ ID documents (death certificate if parent is deceased).
- A copy of your son’s UNABRIDGED (full) birth certificate which reflects both biological parents details on it. (This may take 6-8 weeks from Home Affairs – please apply timeously. You may submit the receipt along with the application as well as his current birth certificate).
- A copy of your son’s final Grade 6 report and Term 1 Grade 7 report.
- Proof of permanent residential address which shall be in the form of a recent utilities bill or a lease agreement (valid for a minimum period of 12 months) in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the applicant.
- Immigrants must also submit copies of official proof of resident status as well as study permit documents; diplomats to submit copies of passports and diplomatic identities.
You will receive offers from schools at which your application has been successful, and you will be required to accept one of these offers. If you have not received an offer from a school at which you applied then your application was not successful at that particular school. (Timeframe will be advised once information is received from the GDE)
You will need to accept or reject placement offers on the GDE website. (Timeframe will be advised once information is received from the GDE)
Since this is an external GDE system, all queries must be directed to the GDE Helpline 0800 000 789, and NOT to the school.
This is the information we have been provided by the GDE. Should anything change, we will update this website accordingly.