GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR GRADE 8’S 2018:
Following communication from the Gauteng Department of Education (GDE), we can confirm that online applications for Grade 8 2018 learner admission will open on Tuesday 2 May 2017 and close on Monday 12 June 2017. The application process will be as follows:
- From 8:00am on Tuesday 2 May 2017, go to the GDE Admissions website (www.gdeadmissions.gov.za) and register AND apply at your closest school, and/or your school of choice.
- You will receive an application reference number from the online system. Print confirmation of your application, including the reference number.
- Collect a Supplementary Application Form from our reception (these will only be available from 8:00am on Tuesday 2 May).
- Submit all supporting documents to all school you have applied at, on or before 12 June 2017. The following documents are required:
- Printout of your GDE reference number as confirmation of your online application.
- The completed Supplementary Application Form.
- Copies of both biological parents’ ID documents (death certificate if parent is deceased).
- A copy of your son’s UNABRIDGED (full) birth certificate which reflects both biological parents details on it. (this may take 6-8 weeks from Home Affairs – please apply timeously. You may submit the receipt along with the application as well as his current birth certificate).
- A copy of your son’s final Grade 6 report and Term 1 Grade 7 report.
- Proof of permanent residential address which shall be in the form of a utilities bill or a lease agreement (for a minimum period of 12 months) in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the applicant.
- Immigrants must also submit copies of official permanent residence and study permit documents; diplomats to submit copies of passports and diplomatic identities.
You will receive an email from the school between 24th and 28th July advising if your application was successful or unsuccessful. Successful applicants will also receive an automated SMS from the GDE indicating their offer of placement.
You will need to accept or reject placement offers on the GDE website between the 1st and 10th of August.
Since this is an external GDE system, all queries must be directed to the GDE Helpline 0800 000 789, and NOT to the school.