Job Advertisement: Fundraiser
Pretoria Boys High School is looking to contract the services of a Fundraiser for a period of one to three years with the option of permanent employment following the completion of the initial fundraising goals.
The duties of the successful candidate would broadly include:
1. Liaising with the School, Old Boys, Parents’ Association and associated trusts.
2. Building a database of donors, drawing from parents, past parents, Friends of the School, Old Boys and past Masters.
3. Coordinating all fund raising activities linked through the school in agreement with the respective interest groups, defining and executing the best method of approach.
4. Ensuring the effective running of all administrative functions.
5. Developing fundraising strategies that reach beyond the immediate interest groups.
6. Working to expand bequests to the school.
7. Ensuring the successful collection, follow-up and contact with each donor.
The ideal candidate should:
1. Given the sensitivities associated with institutional fundraising, have an association with the school, or an institution similar in character.
2. Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Appropriate experience would be a credit to the candidate.
It is envisaged that the role will be based at the School in Pretoria with the understanding that there will be a degree of flexibility.
The package and terms of employment are negotiable.
For more information please contact the Headmaster, Mr Tony Reeler at the school on 012 4602246
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter headed "Fund Raiser” with a CV no longer than four (4) pages to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 30 November 2015.
Should you not have heard from us by Friday 4 December please consider your application unsuccessful.