Pretoria Boys High School has a vacancy for a fulltime, permanent Technology Teacher. (School Governing Body position with effect from 31 March 2020)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for all positions:
- Appropriate teaching qualifications are essential. Candidates must have a suitable degree and a PGCE or a B-ED degree.
- Valid registration with SACE is essential.
- Previous teaching experience is highly recommended.
- Candidates must be able to teach in English.
- Candidates must be able to teach FET, Grades 8 to 9.
- Computer literacy is essential
- Subject co-ordinator at Junior level for Grades 8 and 9
- Teaching, assessment, planning and preparation for all classes
- Tutor (Register) teacher responsibilities
- Must be involved in the extra-mural programme
- To fulfil all other reasonable duties required of a teacher
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short (4 page) CV and a list of at least 2 current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Mrs. Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is Friday 14 February 2020. State clearly what extra-mural activities you offer the school in addition to your teaching role.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-deliver to 251 Roper Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181.
Please note that should you not have received any feedback during the two weeks after application closure, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates or if curriculum needs change.