Pretoria Boys’ High School has a School Accountant vacancy with effect from 1 June 2019. This position is a permanent, full-time post, with the successful applicant being employed by the School Governing Body (SGB).
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness for the overall financial accounting function of the School.
- Financial reporting and cost control against budget
- Procurement oversight
- Payroll administration
- Staff supervision
- Statutory Administration
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification B Com Accounting or relevant equal qualification with necessary experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting field with responsibility and at least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a management position
- Excellent applicational knowledge of Sage Pastel Partner, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Given the nature of this position, must be open to working overtime occasionally
- Knowledge of VIP or related payroll software
- Proficient in English– read, write and speak
- Good work ethic; ability to work with public; deadline driven; energetic; good planning skills, accuracy and attention to detail required; reliable and a team player; good organisational skills, ability to work independently and work under pressure. Accepts responsibility and is accountable.
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short (4 page) CV and a list of at least 2 current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is Monday 29 April 2019.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Hand-deliver to 251 Roper Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted