Director of Water Polo
Pretoria Boys High School has a vacancy for a Director of Water Polo. This is a fixed-term contract (negotiable) which may have long term possibilities. School Governing Body position with starting date negotiable but preferably as soon as possible.
Minimum Experience for position:
- Minimum of coaching at a provincial level, U16A or higher.
- Strong work ethic, communication, motivational and management skills.
- Willing to travel.
- Willing to be involved with the province set up.
- The development, management and skill enhancement of players and coaches at the school.
- To give direction to coaching staff, providing assistance and attending courses and seminars to enhance the skills of the coaches.
- To attract top primary school boys to the School. This could entail attending festivals and tournaments (some overnight travel is required), visiting Primary Schools and offering coaching clinic’s at the school for primary school boys.
- The planning, development and implementation of training plans, budgets and practice schedules for all teams at all levels.
- To develop players to play at provincial level and to liaise with the various provincial water polo unions.
- To organize and manage all aspects of the annual PBHS water polo festival.
- To record and analyse matches for the 1st & all other A teams.
The Director of Water Polo will not be required to coach any specific team, but may be used to enhance coaching at a particular level.
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short (4 page) CV and a list of at least 2 current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Mrs. Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is Friday 14 June 2019.
Email: email@example.com or Hand-deliver to 251 Roper Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181.
Please note that should you not have received any feedback during the two weeks after application closure, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates or if curriculum needs change.