CURATOR OF PRETORIA BOYS HIGH SCHOOL MUSEUM
(School Governing Body position with effect from 1 March 2018)
The PBHS Museum houses artefacts and image displays relating to the history of the school and includes an archive of material relevant to the school’s past.
The school requires the services of a part-time curator who would be responsible for the maintenance of the museum as well as ensuring that it is accessible at certain times.
The curator would be required to:
- collate and file archival material
- answer e-mail enquiries relating to the history of the school (including past staff and pupils) emanating from outside of the school.
- be in the museum office three mornings every week (generally Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- act as a guide to school and old boys groups visiting the museum.
- undertake research tasks relating to aspects of the school for inclusion in material used to commemorate anniversaries and year group reunions
- assist researchers who wish to access the archival material.
- carry out basic maintenance work on displays and artefacts
- assist if called upon, with the creation of new displays and visits to the school
The ideal candidate for this position should:
- be a past pupil or past member of staff
- have an association with the school that spans a few decades
- have a real interest in the history of the school and the country
- possess an enthusiasm for the school which will be evident in those aspects of the job which require interaction with people
- be able to work largely independently
- be computer literate
Salary package negotiable, 17 days annual leave.
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short (4 page) CV and a list of at least 2 current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is Friday 9 February 2018.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Hand-deliver to 251 Roper Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181.
Please note that should you not have received any feedback during the two weeks after application closure, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates.