ENGLISH HOME LANGUAGE TEACHER
Pretoria Boys’ High School has a vacancy for a fulltime, permanent English Home Language Teacher. (School Governing Body position with effect from 1 July 2019)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for all positions:
- Appropriate teaching qualifications are essential. Candidates must have a minimum qualification of either a four year B Ed degree or a suitable degree with English at second year level and a PGCE. Preference will be given to candidates with English 3.
- Valid registration with SACE is essential.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Candidate should be able to teach all Grades from 8 to 12.
- An ability to teach junior Geography classes will be an advantage.
- Teaching, assessment, planning and preparation for all classes
- Tutor (Register) teacher responsibilities
- Must be involved in the extra-mural programme
- Will be responsible to fulfil all other reasonable duties required of a teacher.
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short (4 page) CV and a list of at least 2 current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is Friday 29 March 2019. State clearly what extra-mural activities you offer the school in addition to your teaching role.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Hand-deliver to 251 Roper Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181.
Please note that should you not have received any feedback during the two weeks after application closure, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates or if curriculum needs change.