Registered Professional Nurse
Pretoria Boys High School is looking to appoint a Registered Professional Nurse in a part time locum position.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree /Diploma in General Nursing.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in General Nursing, Out Patient Department / Primary Health Care Centre, Emergency Unit or School Nursing.
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council.
- Computer literate. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Office.
- Full command of spoken and written English language.
- Flexibility in working hours and weekend duties.
- Post graduate qualification in Occupational Health and Primary Health Care would be an advantage.
- A Pharmacology Dispensing Certification Course would be an advantage.
- Experience with adolescent boys would be an advantage.
- Plan and implementation of holistic effective nursing treatment.
- Management, referral and education in health matters.
- Liaison Function: internal liaison within school with all staff on matters concerning Sanatorium and First Aid as well as related fields eg: day scholars, boarding houses, sport; external liaison with health professionals.
- First Aid- Effective treatment of injuries within scope of practice.
- Referral of injuries / medical emergencies to relevant health personnel / emergency service.
- Administration of matters pertaining to Sanatorium and First Aid.
- Equipment and stock control: correct storage and maintenance of all items, correct handling of equipment, correct disposal.
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short CV (4 page) and a list of at least two current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Mrs. Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is 17:00 on Friday 18 June 2021. Include a copy of receipt of registration with SANC.
Please note that should you not have received any feedback during the two weeks after application closure, you can consider your application unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates or if curriculum needs change.