Afrikaans First Additional Language Teacher
Pretoria Boys High School has a vacancy for a fulltime, permanent Afrikaans First Additional Language Teacher. (School Governing Body position with effect from 31 March 2020 or earlier by mutual agreement)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for all positions:
- Appropriate teaching qualifications are essential. Candidates must have a minimum qualification of either a four year B Ed degree or a suitable degree and a PGCE.
- Valid registration with SACE is essential.
- Previous teaching experience is highly recommended.
- Candidate should be able to teach all Grades from 8 to 12.
- Teaching, assessment, planning and preparation for all classes
- Tutor (Register) teacher responsibilities
- Must be involved in the extra-mural programme
- Will be responsible to fulfil all other reasonable duties required of a teacher
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short (4 page) CV and a list of at least 2 current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is Friday 24 January 2020. State clearly what extra-mural activities you offer the school in addition to your teaching role.
Email: email@example.com or
Hand-deliver to 251 Roper Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181.
Please note that should you not have received any feedback during the two weeks after application closure, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates or if curriculum needs change.