Afrikaans First Additional Language Teacher Vacancy
Pretoria Boys High School has a vacancy for a fulltime, permanent Afrikaans First Additional Language Teacher. (GDE position from 1 January 2021).
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for all positions:
- Appropriate teaching qualifications are essential. Candidates must have a minimum qualification of either a four year B Ed degree or a suitable degree and a PGCE.
- Valid registration with SACE is essential.
- At least 5 years’ previous teaching experience is necessary.
- Candidate must be able to teach Grades 8 to 12.
- Teaching, assessment, planning and preparation for all classes
- Tutor (Register) teacher responsibilities
- Must be involved in the extra-mural programme
- Will be responsible to fulfil all other reasonable duties required of a teacher
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short (4 page) CV and a list of at least 2 current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is 6 November 2020. State clearly what extra-mural activities you offer the school in addition to your teaching role.
Please note that should you not have received any feedback during the two weeks after application closure, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates or if curriculum needs change.