GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR GRADE 8 2020:
Following communication from the Gauteng Department of Education (GDE), we can confirm that online applications for Grade 8 2020 learner admission will open on Monday 20th May 2019 @ 8am and close on Monday 15th July 2019 @ midnight. The application process will be as follows:
- From 8:00am on Monday 20th May 2019, go to the GDE Admissions website (www.gdeadmissions.gov.za) register as a parent AND select the closest school to where you live as this will be the ONLY option available to you at this point in the process.
- Thereafter you repeat this process 4 more times by clicking “Apply again”. NB!! Living within the zoning of a school will be given preference thereafter sibling and lastly work within the area.
- You will receive a waiting list number on completion of your successful application/s based on the criteria above.
- Download the “Supplementary Application Form” from our (www.boyshigh.com) website after you have successfully applied on the GDE online system
- Complete and submit this form with all supporting documents to all the schools that you have applied at, as soon as possible but before the specified closing date. The following documents are required:
- The completed Supplementary Application Form.
- Copies of both biological parents’ ID documents (death certificate if a parent is deceased).
- A copy of your son’s UNABRIDGED (full) birth certificate which reflects both biological parents details on it. (This may take 6-8 weeks from Home Affairs – please apply timeously. You may submit the receipt along with the application as well as his current birth certificate).
- A copy of your son’s final Grade 6 report and/or Term 1 Grade 7 report.
- Proof of permanent residential address which shall be in the form of a recent Water & lights account or your lease agreement (valid for a minimum period of 12 months) in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the applicant.
- Immigrants must also submit copies of official proof of resident status as well as study permit documents; diplomats to submit copies of passports and diplomatic identities.
The application processes closes on 15th July 2019. Thereafter you will receive offers made to you by the GDE at schools where your application was successful (SMS’s will be sent out by the GDE from 27th August 2019). Parents are required to accept or reject offers online from 27th August 2019 until 5 September 2019. If you have not received an offer from the GDE then your application was not successful at that particular school.
This is an external GDE system, therefore all queries must be directed to the GDE Helpline 0800 000 789, and NOT to the school.
This is the information we have been provided by the GDE. Should anything change, we will update this website accordingly.