- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 21 Mar / 0 Comments Read More
Earlier this month I received a letter from a boy. In the letter, the writer asked me why we spend so much time talking about bullying yet always talk about bullying from the bully’s or the victim’s perspective. We give advice on how to react to bullying and encourage people not to be bullies themselves. What we don’t do though, is spend enough time talking about witnesses to bullying and that is what the writer was wanting help with. Simply put – if we are ourselves witnesses or bystanders to bullying or behaviour that hurts someone else, what do we do? Or put another way, when is “fun” and “teasing” not so much fun anymore and what do we do?
- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 15 Mar / 0 Comments Read More
It is hereby announced that Mr Tony Reeler will relinquish the headmastership of Pretoria Boys High School as from June 2020 due to his recent appointment as headmaster of Bishops Diocesan College in Cape Town as from July of that year.
- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 06 Mar / 0 Comments Read More
What are you most scared of? Spiders? Snakes? Heights? Ghosts? Closed spaces? The dark? Very few people are not scared of anything yet when it comes to something I wish to share with you now it terrifies them. The thing I want to talk about today is not an object – it is a feeling.
- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 22 Feb / 0 Comments Read More
- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 25 Jan / 0 Comments Read More
- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 18 Jan / 0 Comments Read More
- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 11 Jan / 0 Comments Read More
- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 09 Jan / 0 Comments Read More
- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 04 Jan / 0 Comments Read More
Dear Parents/Guardians Thank you for another good year at Boys High. The support from the parent community continues to ensure that we are able to work in partnership to the benefit of our boys. My specific thanks go to those parent volunteers who have served on the Parents’ Association and the School Governing Body. While these two groups have such different functions, each consists of devoted and dedicated parents who serve the school without personal gain and I thank them for their continued efforts.
- Posted by pbhs / Posted on 07 Dec / 0 Comments Read More